4 months ago
AutoReq ID 141187BR
Job Title Forensic Technology – Assistant Manager
Country United Kingdom
Function Risk Consulting
Service Line Forensic
Service Line Information Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description The Team
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil
disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the
preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI)
such as emails, chat messages, and documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world,
providing opportunities to work with other overseas offices including on site attendance. Many
projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters
occasionally featuring on international headlines.
FTech are looking for data specialists who are able to extract, store, enhance, and investigate large
volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
Assistant managers support the delivery work on a range of engagements. This will include:
- Responding to client requests with oversight from the engagement manager.
- Managing small to medium projects from start to finish.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic
documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Supporting off-site projects where a mobile technology environment has been deployed.
- Providing technical advice and expertise during client calls and meetings.
- Assisting in business development by contributing to sales pitches and tenders.
- Developing integrations and automation workflows for standard processes.
- Delivering internal training and coaching to colleagues.
- Performing technology demonstrations in the form of seminars or online webinars.
- Researching and testing new software.
Strong candidates would have exposure to a combination of the following career profiles, or deep
expertise in at least one specialism. Successful candidates will not be expected to only stick to their
backgrounds; team members are encouraged to widen their horizons and take advantage of
available development opportunities.
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques for text analysis, such as natural
language processing (NLP), classification, clustering, entity recognition, and relationship
- Experience in researching or developing machine learning tools to analyse unstructured
- Proficiency in programming languages C#, Python, or R.
- Ability to present technical results clearly with visualisations using R, Tableau, Qlikview, or PowerBI.
- Experience in deep learning for text analysis or image recognition desirable.
- Background in data science, information retrieval, statistics, computer science, or relevant industry experience.
- Strong background in designing database schemas and ETL processes in response to business requirements.
- Advanced data manipulation skills using MS SQL Server, Excel, or scripting languages.
- Experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Experience in working with unstructured data, such as text-heavy documents, email messages, and images.
- Knowledge of distributed computing using clusters or cloud services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and Elastic Search technologies would be advantageous.
- 2+ years in a professional services environment assisting with forensic data extraction, preservation, and investigation.
- Experience in scoping a small data collection across a variety of sources, e.g. emails, network shares, etc.
- Experience in assisting or driving a digital forensics investigation.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, PowerShell skills desirable.
- Proficient and certified in a variety of forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK Imager.
- 2+ years in a professional services environment assisting with eDisclosure processing and review matters.
- Proven ability to manage a small document review.
- Able to talk clients through each stage of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Experience in review analytics technologies and designing custom review workflows.
- Experience in creating document productions to various regulatory agencies.
- Strong proficiency in eDisclosure processing and review tools.
- Certifications in Nuix or Relativity (e.g. RCA) desirable.
All candidates are expected to have a number of the following qualities:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proven track record of taking initiative to raise, improve, and resolve issues.
- Keen to learn industry-specific software and in-house processes.
- Able to work in a high-pressured environment.
- Able to interface with individuals at different levels, at both a technical and non-technical perspective.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and managing junior team members.
- Experience in a professional environment or role.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Assistant Manager, Information Technology, IT Manager, Law, Consulting, Management, Technology, Legal