3 months ago
Job number: UK12511
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Operational Specialists
Region/State: South West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Foreman to join our Regional team to work in Plymouth.
To manage the safe delivery of allocated work sites and projects to the required specification and quality standard; whilst achieving contract programme milestones approved margin and cash forecasts.
Is civil project that will involve Earthworks, Piling, and deep drainage and Structures
What you'll be doing
As a Foreman, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Under the guidance of the PM and or Site Manager; Accountable for the safe delivery, execution and financial performance to agreed budget and / or approved forecasts for individual projects.
* Responsible for the Operational and Commercial success of allocated projects, ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with legal, client and company requirements, policies and instructions.
* Lead by example to effectively support the company Safety Behavioural Programme including implementation of safety initiatives.
* Proactively and effectively support the ‘Build to Last’ Business Improvement Programme, such as the Supervisor Development Programme (SDP)
* Ensure that systems and processes are implemented to meet Project requirements, including Quality Plans, Completion Packs and ITP’s.
* Proactively support the audit and compliance programme, and timely completion of issues arising.
* Ensure that robust and accurate cost plans are produced and reported against on a weekly basis.
* Ensure that weekly site inspections are completed to measure compliance to Group Minimum Operational Standards, and action plan implemented to address findings in a timely manner
* Develop and maintain excellent client relationships by effective and timely communication, and producing reports in a timely manner
* Ensure compliance to the B&C Framework SOR and commercial reporting required.
* Ensure that approved Construction Programmes are in place prior to commencement of works and progress monitored on a regular basis.
* Implementing and developing a culture of continuous improvement on the project.
* Ensure that site records are produced and adequacy of which reviewed on a monthly basis, to include site diaries, plant, labour, material returns and change records as minimum.
* Support work winning process in the submission of tenders, meetings, client interface and stakeholder management.
* Approval and implementation of Project Quality Plans, Safety Plans, Work Package Plans, ITP’s and Tool Box Talks.
* Ensure that no day works are instructed to suppliers without the specific approval of the Project Manager.
* Effective management of our Subcontractors and Suppliers ensuring compliance to all contractual and safety requirements.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
* A good knowledge and practical experience in Rail Construction techniques and processes such as structures, earthworks, bridge renewals and platform extensions
* 5 day CITB Site Safety Management Training
* IT skills essential – word, excel and power point, email and internet
* Full UK driving license
* Pervious experience working on Civil projects
* Excellent communication skills
* Represents BBR in a professional manner, ensuring that own behaviour and behaviour of others is consistent and aligned to the Corporate Values
* Wiliness to work overtime and on call
* Ability to work under pressure, remaining focused and professional
* Ability to positively influence others to achieve set objectives and targets
* Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information and then propose solutions and recommendations to resolve the issues
* Work collaboratively and effectively with others to achieve aligned outcomes
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.