10 months ago
Job Id : 5130
Department : Facilities Services
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Tower Hill
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey are currently seeking an experienced Electrical OR Mechanical Technician to join our contract providing mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance to tenanted properties within Zones 1 & 2, London.
You will have a background and relevant qualifications as an Electricain or in a Mechanical Building Service discipline and have previous experience of providing maintenance services to commercial properties.
This is a Monday to Friday role, travel to sites will be by public transport or walking. Any travel within Zones 1 & 2 will be covered by expenses.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deliver a customer focussed planned, preventative and reactive maintenance service as required by NG Bailey Facilities Services in order to meet our clients and statutory obligations.
* Carry out skilled routine PPM and reactive call outs as directed by the Service Centre. This will include the close supervision of specialist sub-contractors.
* Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant and install new plant and equipment when required.
* Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings, ensuring all small works opportunities are identified and followed up.
* Work on own and as part of a team representing NG Bailey Facilities Services in a professional manner
* Work in accordance with given instructions, safe working practices and method statements ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in an accurate timely manner
* Maintain the cleanliness of all work areas including plant rooms, workshops and storage areas
* Work safely, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of self, colleagues, customers and visitors
* Focus on customer needs and customer preferences using ‘customer care’ concepts in theory and practice including needs of internal customers in administration and operational teams
* Commitment to delivery of quality product and service by understanding and following relevant Company systems and procedures, producing Company paperwork and reports on time and to a satisfactory standard
Ideally all candidates should have undertaken an electrical OR mechanical apprenticeship
IF ELECTRICAL BIAS - MUST HAVE:
* City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 / AM1 / AM2 (or equivalent qualifications)
* NVQ Level 3
* 17th Edition IEE Regs
* City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent (preferred – not essential)
IF MECHANICAL BIAS - MUST HAVE:
* City and Guilds Qualification in Plumbing / Heating and Ventilation
* FGAS Qualification