about 1 year ago
The role will be responsible to drive flexible pipe systems design optimization initiatives across the organization. Main areas of focus will be: design flow optimization (Digital Thread) to reduce engineering cycle time both during ITO and OTR, product standardization aimed to reduce cost and optimize supply chain lead times, value engineering. Responsibility to prepare an overall plan to meet the required objectives, the plan should include required resources and clear milestones.
The Product Structuring & Cost Out Leader will be accountable for the implementation of the Digital Thread strategy, Product Structuring & Product Cost Out initiatives. He/She will be responsible to define strategy goals together with FPS Product Leadership, Engineering Leaders, Manufacturing and Sourcing in alignment with the broader OFE Product Cost Out and Product Structuring plan.
Digital Thread strategy will leverage the existing PLM platform and should enable a flexible pipe system optimization in ITO to improve our cost competitiveness while creating a strong link with OTR thus reducing engineering lead time during project execution.
Product structuring should allow to optimize ancillaries design, enabling full should cost and detailed configuration into early ITO stage.
Product Cost Out should leverage Product Structuring standardization at component level but also leverage Digital Thread initiative to further optimize pipe system design in ITO. Additional ideas should also be generated to reduce the total pipe cost (new materials, alternate suppliers, should cost, etc..)
The Leader will demonstrate accountability for cross functional and broad business objectives. In this role he/she will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s), be involved in short-medium-long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
The PS & Cost Out Leader will mainly focus on existing technologies, configuration options and suppliers agreements, therefore this role will require an application focus to make systems configuration leaner, cheaper, faster and smarter to optimize the wing to wing product life cycle from ITO to installation.
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Structural, Controls, Electrical, or other related Engineering from an accredited college or university with significant experience managing technical teams and cross functional projects with financial targets and with increasing responsibility.
* Good familiarity with the organization’s core technologies, systems and applications.
* Strong operational experience in requisition engineering and design.
* Strategic vision for innovative company internal processes.
* Proven track record of executing against assigned goals, capable of planning and executing projects
* Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
* Able to balance multiple priorities
* English fluency, Strong verbal and written communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Master’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline
* Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented, organized and flexible
* Excellent cross-functional interpersonal skills
* Proven track record of delivering results
* Self-confidence for a fast paced, multi-tasking, growth environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to internal stakeholders
* Good influencing skills, team player
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne