6 months ago
We are currently seeking a Fixed Plant Maintenance Operative. Based at the Blaenau Ffestiniog sit in North Wales, you will be expected to maintain a safe working environment and to carry out work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and also other applicable legislation. You will be responsible for preventative maintenance and keeping the plant running to its full capacity as well as any improvement works. Workshop and tools are provided which can be set out to the individual preference.
The role also includes operating the plant during times other personnel are absent which will include evening shifts (3pm – 11pm).
The key responsibilities of the role are are follows:
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance checks and remedy issues identified
* Carry out reactive maintenance as and when required; reporting root cause of plant failure and putting forward actions to prevent recurrence
* Identification and ordering of spare parts following approval by the Plant Manager
* All Plant Operator Functions
* Weighbridge Operator / Administrator functions in the absence of other office staff
* Ensure that all work being carried out on site either one’s own or that of others is carried out safely
* Carry out risk assessments, either Point of Work or Full, for any job which is not already covered by such
* Following Company Safety Commitments
You will possess the following core skills and competencies:
* High level of Health and Safety Awareness
* Have knowledge in carrying out Risk Assessments and creating safe systems of work
* Welding and Fabrication
* Mechanical Engineering (fixed plant fitter)
* Problem solving
* Lean Processes and 5S Principals
* Desire to learn and develop
* Confident decision making
* First Aid certification (desirable but not essential)
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including life assurance and pension.
Closing date for applications
25th October, 2018