about 1 month ago
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with a growing fire and process safety capability.
The Warrington/North West team are seeking to recruit a Fire Safety Engineering consultant. You will join a highly successful Fire and Process Safety team which works closely with clients to deliver novel and innovative solutions. This role is pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving risk business within RPS.
The role will see you:
- Leading the delivery of technical fire engineering and safety projects in a range of high risk industries, ensuring they are completed on budget and to the client's satisfaction, including: conventional fire engineering assessments and process related requirements (high hazard fire scenario analysis)
- Delivering fire strategies
- Facilitating fire hazard study workshops
- Performing fire modelling and/or interpreting results
- Assessing the hazards and risks of fire and its effects
- Evaluating prevention and protective measures necessary to limit the likelihood and consequences of fire
- Technically understanding the design, installation, maintenance requirements for fire detection, suppression and control philosophies
- Travelling to client sites throughout the UK and sometimes overseas to ensure the client needs are met
- Developing and maintaining lasting relationships and or frameworks with clients
- Understanding the commercial impact of all decisions and recognising opportunities for business development
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- Hold a degree in Fire Engineering or equivalent
- Confident in liaising with design teams, clients, local approving authorities, contractors, and other third parties as required
- Detailed understanding/ knowledge of UK regulations and standards (e.g. ADB, BS9999, RRFSO, PAS 79, PD 7974, etc.)
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above