3 months ago
Job Title: Fire and Environment Manager
Business: Tata Strip Products UK
Location: Port Talbot, South Wales
Salary: £27,863 - £30,000
Closing Date: 11pm on the 20th November 2020
We are currently looking to recruit a Fire & Environment Manager at our Port Talbot site.
Our Manufacturing Operation Support department is responsible for supporting the Manufacturing function in all aspects of operations and with particular emphasis in the areas of Health and Safety, Environmental Management, People management, Business Improvement, Process Optimisation, Communications, Business Reporting and Business Management Processes.
Within the role, you will report to the Operational Support Manager who leads and manages the Operational Support team within a designated works area and is responsible to their works area for many of the above processes. You will support the area management team in remains fully compliant with all relevant fire and environmental legislation. They assume responsibility for the fire and environmental management systems, driving area owners to devise and deploy effective corrective actions and improvement plans for each. They administer communication and competence development to engage all stakeholders in understanding the part they play in executing the plans.
In order to be considered for this role, we expect candidates to have the following skills and attributes:
* A good broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations
* An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business processes with specific focus on Health & Safety, Environment and Fire.
* Familiar with core legislation defining business requirements with respect to fire and environmental compliance.
* A working knowledge of the Health & Safety Management System
* Exposure to external auditing, capable of undertaking multi-disciplinary auditing across works areas.
* Educated to degree level, ideally in a Manufacturing, Technical or Engineering related discipline
* Hold, or be working toward, a NEBOSH certificate level qualification in ‘Occupational Health & Safety’, ‘Fire Safety & Risk Management’ or ‘Environmental Management’
* Required to have excellent interpersonal skills including team and group communications, presentational skills and event management
* Demonstrable ability in successful problem-solving techniques
* A proven ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, including support functions and external agencies
We require applicants to have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate. The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Annual Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Job Segment:Engineer, Manager, Risk Management, Business Manager, Engineering, Management, Finance