5 months ago
RPS Risk Management is a leading nuclear fire safety engineering consultancy with a growing non-nuclear client base.
The Warrington Fire Risk team are recruiting for a Fire Consultant
You will see you joining a highly successful Fire & Process Safety Team which works closely with clients to deliver novel and innovative solutions. This role is pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving the Risk business within the RPS Group.
Main responsibilities for the Fire Consultant role are:
• Leading the delivery of technical fire engineering and safety projects in a range of high risk industries, ensuring they are completed on budget and to the client’s satisfaction, including: conventional fire engineering risk assessments and process related requirements (high hazard fire scenarios)
• Traveling to client sites throughout the UK and sometimes overseas to ensure the client needs are met
• Developing and maintaining lasting relationships and or frameworks with clients
• Assessing the hazards and risks of fire and its effects
• Evaluation of prevention and protective measures necessary to limit the likelihood and consequences of fire
• Technically understand the design, installation, maintenance requirements for fire detection, suppression and control philosophies
• The delivery of fire strategies
• Facilitation of fire hazard study workshops
• To perform fire modelling and/or interpret results
• Understanding the commercial impact of all decisions, recognising opportunities for business development
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
• Prior industry specific experience
Hold a degree in Fire Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered or working towards Chartership (RPS will support this application)
• Confident in liaising with design teams, clients, local approving authorities, contractors, and other third parties as required
• Detailed understanding/ knowledge of UK regulations and standards (e.g. ADB, BS9999, RRFSO, PAS 79, PD 6686, etc.)
• Knowledge of other regulatory regimes
• Excellent numeracy, report writing and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
What we can offer you
Competitive base salary, 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, private medical cover, share and pension schemes, life assurance, group disability, one professional membership covered yearly, ongoing CPD, cycle to work scheme, option to buy up to 5 extra days holiday, BUPA MOT Health check
This is a position within a highly regarded company, working in a friendly and flexible team environment, with the chance to display individual competencies, and promises excellent career opportunities on work of a varied and responsible nature.
Security clearance required to be completed on all successful candidates.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above