about 1 year ago
Organisations across all industries are using cost, financial and data models of growing complexity in key decision making areas such as project evaluation, investment appraisals, on-going reporting of financial and operational metrics.
KPMG’s Modelling team support our clients across a diverse range of sectors, such as defence, transport, infrastructure, communications, health, energy, financial services, leisure, retail and manufacturing. Our modelling services include:
• Model risk assessment;
• Model assurance;
• Best practice appraisals;
• Cost modelling;
• Business planning and forecasting;
• Modelling the impacts of business restructuring including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring;
• Management reporting and dashboard development;
• Data analysis and presentation;
• Database design and build.
We work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG such as Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Tax, Financial Risk Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services. You will work on some of the most exciting projects in KPMG, delivering high quality, flexible and bespoke analytics and modelling solutions.
You will join our rapidly growing Bristol Modelling team delivering modelling services primarily to our defence clients. These services, provided as part of KPMG’s broader and market-leading defence advisory services, will include designing and constructing cost and operational models, model reviews and model audits, for defence clients.
The role will be challenging and require you to develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders, work to deadlines, prioritise workload, run projects and providing a high level of client service at all times. Your level of responsibility will only be limited by your own aptitude and passion to learn and to take on new challenges. You should have a proven track record of managing your own time, as well as others. Previous experience in cost modelling is essential, and experience of working in a consulting or professional services environment is desirable. VBA and SQL skills are desirable but not essential.
Qualifications, Experience and Background
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with the following attributes who is passionate about developing a career in modelling:
• A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based) first-class or upper second-class degree
• Having or working towards an accounting qualification, an MBA or a post-graduate qualification in maths, statistics or Operational Research
• An interest in learning and developing your technical skills, primarily in Excel, VBA and SQL
• Experience of Monte Carlo analysis and a firm grasp of the theory applied in such
• Experience of analysis on databases or in spreadsheet modelling – particularly in cost modelling
• Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure
• The ability to think through a problem and apply a logical, analytical approach to develop a solution
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Sustained attention to detail
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
• The ability to work and communicate as part of a team
• The ability to work in an efficient organised manner
• The ability to focus on a particular project whilst managing multiple projects
• The desire to perform to a consistently high standard
• A proven record of effective time and resource management
• An understanding of financial and accounting concepts or finance e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios would be advantageous
Due to the nature of the work applicants should either hold or be capable of obtaining UK security clearance.
Assistant Manager, Financial, Consulting, Law, Management Consulting, Management, Finance, Technology, Legal