4 months ago
AutoReq ID 138412BR
Job Title Financial Modelling - Assistant Manager - Corporate Consulting
Country United Kingdom
Function Risk Consulting
Service Line RC Technology
Service Line Information Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Technology - Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description Organisations across all industries are using cost, financial and data models of growing complexity in key decision making areas such as project evaluation, investment appraisals, on-going reporting of financial and operational metrics.
KPMG’s Modelling team support our clients across a diverse range of sectors, and our modelling services include:
- Model risk assessment;
- Model assurance;
- Best practice appraisals;
- Cost modelling;
- Business planning and forecasting;
- Modelling the impacts of business restructuring including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring;
- Management reporting and dashboard development;
- Data analysis and presentation;
- Database design and build.
We work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG such as Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Tax, Financial Risk Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services.
We are now looking for Assistant Managers to join the team and work on some of the most exciting projects in KPMG, delivering high quality, flexible and bespoke analytics and modelling solutions.
- To design and construct cost and operational models, model reviews and model audits
- To design MI solutions and data analysis.
- Develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders, work to deadlines, prioritise workload, run projects and providing a high level of client service at all times.
- Provide business development support and high quality client deliverables
- To mentor and support colleagues across teams within all functions of KPMG
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
To succeed in this demanding role the applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based) degree, accounting qualification or an MBA
- Proven track record of managing their own time, as well as managing others in a team.
- Substantial experience in financial modelling working in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure and the ability to focus on a particular project whilst managing multiple projects
- The ability to think through a problem and apply a logical, analytical approach to develop a solution
- Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
- Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent project management skills.
Opening Date - 08/10/2018
Closing Date - 05/11/2018
Salary - competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Financial, Assistant Manager, Business Development, Law, Technology, Finance, Management, Sales, Legal