9 months ago
AutoReq ID 135364BR
Job Title Financial Modelling - Assistant Manager - Corporate Consulting
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line MC Technology
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
- Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
The role is within the Corporates Modelling team based in Canary Wharf, London.
We provide a wide variety of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of Corporates sectors including Aerospace & Defence, Consumer Markets, Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Leisure, Life Sciences, Retail and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. We work with many FTSE 100 and multinational companies and our modelling services include:
- cost modelling for large capex or opex projects
- project finance and transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence)
- modelling business transformations including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring
- business planning and forecasting
- modelling the impacts of accounting, tax or regulatory changes
- tactical modelling solutions that automate finance and other operations, such as performance management, intercompany transactions and statutory reporting
- management information and KPI reporting solutions
- data analysis and visualisation
- model risk assessment
- model assurance and best practice reviews
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
- Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
- Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
- A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based), finance or accounting degree
- Holds or close to being awarded an accounting qualification, such as ACA or CIMA
- Experience at one of the Big 4 in either an Audit or Financial Modelling role that requires an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios)
- A high degree of knowledge of Excel
- Experience in roles that require sustained attention to detail
- Experience of managing junior staff
- Experience of interacting with senior management
- Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure
- Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
- Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Assistant Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Financial, Consulting, Management, Technology, Finance