6 months ago
Job number: UK11858
Company/Division: Balfour Beatty Investments
Career area: Finance, Accounting & Audit
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our investments team to work in Regents Place, London.
* To manage reporting and monitoring of costs on bidding projects; assist with month end reporting; and fulfill company secretarial duties.
What you'll be doing
As a Financial Accountant you will:
* Report, monitor and analyse cost on projects at the bidding stage;
* Assist the financial controller with month end reporting and forecasting;
* Be the main point of contact for accounting queries from the Housing business unit;
* Provide company secretary services for holding companies and be responsibility for Blueprint (company secretarial software): ensuring filing deadlines are met and Blueprint updated on a timely basis;
* Improve business processes, enhancing controls and driving efficiencies through automation.
Who we're looking for
You will be:
* Able to work and communicate effectively with colleagues at a range of levels;
* Proactive and tenacious;
* Confident and open to new challenges;
* Able to act on own initiative and prepared to ask for guidance;
* Able to perform a number of different tasks and to prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met, whilst producing accurate work;
* Quick to assimilate and work effectively with new information.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.