3 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
The role sits within a Business Finance team aligned to one of our larger UK Disciplines and will report to either the Senior Finance Manager (SFM) or the Discipline Financial Controller (DFC), depending on the discipline structure . Primary responsibilities of the FM include supporting and guiding business partnering operational team leads in the financial and commercial aspects of running their region / service.
A typical week would include:
* Annual budgeting setting, ensuring development in accordance with strategy & business plans.
* Support operational team during monthly MFI process
* Delivering Cost Centre level monthly management reporting and quarterly forecast guidance and completion.
* Ensuring variance between budgets, forecasts and actual results are understood, clearly explained and necessary actions are implemented.
* Preparation and commentary of a monthly finance report at Cost Centre level.
* Provide support to Bid Managers in relation to both financial inputs and contract negotiations as required, including support on standard pricing model. General support on pricing.
* Project performance, including income, costs to complete, working capital, change control.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Qualified, part qualified or embarking on Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
* Experience of Business Partnering with a finance background.
* Experience of working within a team and of line management.
* Internal candidates applying for this role need to have worked at an Assistant Finance Manager level and have consistently demonstrated delivery above expectation.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.