19 days ago
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Finance for Group Planning, this exciting role is responsible for leading on the preparation of the Group Rolling Forecast that is presented to the Executive Committee each period. In addition, this role is responsible for preparing the ‘external view’ of the forecast, which includes all key external metrics such as EPS and leverage.
This includes working closely with market finance teams to understand and articulate the commercial drivers behind future performance, identifying and communicating risks and opportunities that sit outside of the forecast, as well as working alongside investor relations to support external announcements and respond to investor/analyst queries as part of the Consensus exercise.
With a new CEO and a new CFO shortly joining the business, this is an exciting time to join Group Planning and brings the significant opportunity to shape the future direction of Tesco. Furthermore, it offers the opportunity to interact with teams across the business and gain a broad understanding of Tesco’s finances from both an internal and external perspective.
You will be responsible for
* Preparing the Group periodic Rolling Forecast and accompanying analysis on the commercial drivers behind changes in sales, profit, cash and debt metrics both Year on Year and vs. Plan
* Preparing the External Forecast and Key Metrics presentation
* Performing sensitivity analysis and tracking risks and opportunities on our Half Year and Full Year outturn
* Working alongside Treasury to model scenarios for our interim and full year dividend
* Working alongside Investor Relations to support in the preparation of the Consensus Insight Pack
You will need
* To be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent
* Effective financial analysis skills and a keen eye for detail
* The ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner suitable for a senior audience
* The drive, motivation and organisational skills to ensure self and team succeed in an environment of changing priorities and challenging deadlines
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent organisation skills and multitasking abilities
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
* On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
* Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
* Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
* Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
* Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
* Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.