8 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting a Finance Business Partner to work within our team that forms part of the Western Gas Alliance based in South Wales.
The successful applicant will “Partner” the Programme Manager and Commercial Manager, “Deliver” robust financial reporting, and “Lead” the project Finance and Administration team.
The Western Gas Alliance operates an annual budget of c£60m, with the current contract running through to March 2021.
Purpose of the Role:
* Ensure compliance with guiding principles, policies and procedures of Wood,
* Report all actual or potential ethical breaches to appropriate authorities,
* Regular travel to offices/sites to review processes, drive improvements and adapt to change.
Partner The Drive To Improvement and Change
* Ensure Alliance Board Meetings have timely, accurate, appropriate information,
* Ensure appropriate challenge to Alliance cost base,
* Ensure focus on enhancing performance and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency and margin improvement
Deliver Robust Financial Reporting
* Ensure forecast and performance expectation is appropriately accounted and detailed reports published in a timely manner,
* Manage the month end Accruals, Prepayments, Provisions, and project reconciliation processes,
* Monthly reconciliation of cash cycle to revenue recognition,
* Lead system developments (“Causeway Project Accounting”),
Project Finance & Administration Team Lead
* Deliver efficient and effective financial control environment,
* Manage a high performing team,
* Develop appropriate capabilities,
* Timely MI & Analytical Reports
* Strong Team and Ethical Culture
* Strong System Controls
* Alliance Partners & Board
* T&D Finance & Commercial Leadership
* External Suppliers
* Wood - Global Business Services departments
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified Accountant CCAB or CIMA,
* 5yrs+ Experience in a finance role,
* Experience in team management,
* Experience in a construction/pipeline/environmental projects
* Full Clean UK Driving License
* Causeway Project Accounting (Siteman).
* Strong self-management
* Extremely Investigative
* Results/Target driven and flexible working hours
* Excellent communicator
* Advanced Excel/Microsoft Office
* Flexible to travel as the projects are throughout Wales
** Must have Proof of Right to Work within the European Union ***
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.