23 days ago
About Keolis Amey
Operated by KeolisAmeyManchester: Keolis (60%) and Amey(40%)
* PTA: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM)
* Operation and maintenance of the Greater Manchester’s Metrolink light rail network
* Operation started on July 2017 and will end in 2027
* over 100 km long network
* 99 tram stops
* 120 trams sets
* Around 50million passenger journeys per year
* 900 employees
KeolisAmey Metrolink a joint venture between Keolis and Amey, was awarded the franchise to operate and maintain Greater Manchester’s Metrolink for Transport for Greater Manchester until 2027.
In April 2020 Metrolink expanded to Trafford Park (TPL) the extension added six new stops to the existing Metrolink network, taking the total number of stops to 99, across a tram network now more than 100km in length.
The focus of the franchise is to boost services and implement a series of service improvements to make journeys better for passengers. This means cleaner trains and stations, more reliable lifts and escalators, more efficient and reliable station maintenance and faster passenger journeys. Maintaining the network’s 99 per cent reliability record and ensuring it remains one of the best performing railways in the UK is a key priority.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide financial support and analysis to the relevant functions of KAM enabling accurate and timely decision making. The role should be embedded into the function and work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate, timely and comprehensive annual budgets as well as monthly re-forecasts.
Support the implementation and embedding of a ‘standardised’ approach to finance in KAM.
To support delivery of the 4 objectives (Delivering Growth, Operational Excellence, Customer Excellence, Enhanced Safety & Security) within the Joint Business Plan and improve co-ordination across functions and departments (for both KAM and TfGM) to deliver what matters to Metrolink.
What will this role involve?
Working closely with all interested parties to support delivery of the 4 objectives (Delivering Growth, Operational Excellence, Customer Excellence, Enhanced Safety & Security)
* To drive the profitability of KAM by providing relevant financial analysis that drives operational decisions within the business.
* To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
* Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
* Cost review to ensure costs are reported in the correct general ledger and department
* The ensure all reports are issued to the recipients in line with deadlines provided.
* To build strong relations and provide financial support to commercial decision making.
* Assist with year-end audit
* To oversee the period end process ensuring deadlines are hit whilst working to continuously improve the analysis provided to the business
* Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with finance teams in the business units together with non-finance managers.
* Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members
What are we looking for?
* Experience in a Finance function desirably in a business partnering capacity
* Gained the relevant professional qualifications or be qualified by experience
* Experience in collaborative working with stakeholders.
* Experience creating and presenting reports.
* Understanding of formal governance processes that all in an organisation must follow.
* Competent on financial systems and other software systems required for delivering the financials.
* Capable of achieving business goals
* Ability to work to strict deadlines
* Competent in developing collaborative working relationships