18 days ago
Our Utilities business is going through some progressive and positive changes which means we are now in a position to recruit for a experienced and professional Finance Business Analyst to join the Finance team in Chorley.
This candidate will work with the finance, operational and commercial teams within the Power Distribution area to ensure there is full transparency in financials, robustness in the forecasting and that there is an all round collaborative approach to improving the contracts performance.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our team on a full time permanent basis.
* Assist and drive planning processes for the contract, including the setting of budget and 5 year Strategy Plan forecasts
* Production of monthly rolling P&L forecasts using robust models with risks and opportunities clearly identified to ensure an accurate view of full year likely financial performance is fully understood
* Production of the monthly treasury cash forecast with analysis of movements between forecasts understood and communicated
* Input into the Contract Improvement Plans with the contract teams and ensuring delivery of items are visible in the actual financial performance of the contract
* Bring together financial and operational metric analysis to ensure an understanding of financial performance on the contract
* Drive cashflow management, ensuring that accurate forecasts are maintained and achieved
* Ensure that there is transparency and good communication around the financial situation of the contract
What are we looking for?
· Part-Qualified Accountant
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong knowledge / advanced skills for Microsoft Excel
· Strong at presenting complex information in a simple way
· Good communication skills
· Good knowledge of Accounting Standards
· Experience or knowledge of ERP systems
· Experience in a forecasting or reporting/management accounts finance role