10 months ago
We are looking to appoint a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team based in Birmingham. You will provide excellent support to internal and external customers across our consulting business at Amey. Working very closely with Project and Commercial functions as well as the wider Finance team.
The successful applicant will ideally be studying towards a relevant Finance qualifications (ACCA/CIMA) and be a strong Excel user with exceptional organisational skills. You will be a self-starter with the ability to prioritise your workload.
With support from the Finance Manager this role will become the main point of contact for 2 businesses within the division turning over around £17m of turnover. They will also provide support for the other businesses headed up by the Management Accountant and Finance Manager.
Key Responsibilities include;
* Preparing schedules for month end accruals, prepayments, WIP and other adjustments and posting the related journals.
* Analysing overhead and project costs and providing reports and commentary on these to Project Managers and Associate Directors.
* Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing these with the Finance Manager and resolving actions raised during the review.
* Supporting the budget and forecast process including supporting the use of a new forecasting system.
* Preparing schedules for internal and external audit.
This role has traditionally been a stepping stone to Management Accountant roles and beyond.
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our ‘Better Places’ goal. We’re a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.