30 days ago
Location: Staines, London, UK
Startdate: July 2020
Duration: 12 months
The Finance and Business Operations Intern is responsible for providing support to the Northern European Business to enable them to meet their forecasting and reporting needs. The role will involve close working relationships with the sales force and business functions to support their requirements but handled on a day to day basis by the Northern Europe Finance and Business Operations team.
The Northern Europe Finance and Business Operations team is led out of Staines with responsibility for the UK and Ireland, the Netherlands and Belgium, and the Nordics. The intern will help standardize process and reporting across the region.
The intern will be exposed to all elements of Finance and Sales Operations disciplines including Forecasting, Targeting, Salesforce.com and Standard Reporting.
The Intern will:
* Work with the Finance and Business Operations team to improve forecast accuracy for the region and ensure that Salesforce.com can be used as a timely and accurate forecasting tool
* Take an active role in the half-yearly goaling process of the sales force, driving better targeting with sound historical data
* Take an active role in developing the Management Reporting pack that can be used as standard across the Region
* Supporting the Sales Teams and Business Functions with data analysis that will drive improved business behavior
The intern will receive meaningful mentorship, feedback, and support from the team to help improve their business development and marketing skills in a technology environment. The intern will also have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments and improve skills.
* Undergraduate from a recognized university
* Motivated and organized person who is a self-starter and can multi-task
* Passionate about highly successful commercial operations
* Fascination with information technology and its use in business
* Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
* Ability to think creatively and take ownership of tasks
* Strong spreadsheet skills and a desire to learn
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-11
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job ID: R2005748