24 days ago
This role sits within Amey’s Scottish Schools facilities management contracts. Specifically, we manage 72 schools across six local authorities. This involves, cleaning, janitorial services, catering, engineering, and maintenance of the fabric of the property over the lifetime of the 30-year contracts. The finance team is led by the Finance Manager and supported by a team of Management accountants, trainee-accountants and the Finance Administrator.
Location – Split between Amey’s hub office at Eurocentral, Motherwell and working from home. Exact split of location to be negotiated following the relaxation of covid-19 restrictions.
About the role
Joining the finance team supporting Amey’s Scottish Schools facilities management contracts as a finance administrator. This role is suited to both someone with experience in a clerical finance role or someone that has recently left education or is working in an unrelated industry. Full training and ongoing support will be provided by the line manager (Assistant Management Accountant) and other finance team colleagues.
The role will primarily be focussed, but not limited to, the below areas:
Invoice Management – Maintaining the processing of invoices for Scottish Schools from invoice receipt, approval, opening for payment, and release of funds.
* Engaged in aspects of processing of supplier invoices
* Investigation of all invoice queries
* Liaising with internal stakeholders (managers, accounts payable, finance colleagues)
* Liaising with external suppliers to provide payment updates and fix processing issues
* Providing regular updates to line manager and other managers of processing progress
* Preparing payment requests and ensuring timely payment of suppliers
* P-card processing – Maintaining the system for processing colleague credit card transactions ensuring correct VAT recovery and coding of expenses to the correct contract.
* Liaison with engineers and other p-card holders to obtain receipts and other info
* Maintenance of online processing portal
* Resolution of queries, via email and phoneAny other task as required by the Scottish Schools finance team.
* Preparing client invoices – Raising client invoices for completed works following instruction by finance colleagues
Skills & Experience
* Strong communication skills, team player, eye for detail and comfortable working with MS Excel/IT systems
* Experience within a clerical finance role would be advantageous but full training and support will be provided so this is not critical.
* Able to follow set process and deliver required outputs with minimal supervision
* Must be able to understand the importance of applying internal controls
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.