4 months ago
Field Support Engineer
Role Title and Location: Field Support Engineer - Overseas
Job Ref No: P7727
MBDA: Level 3/ 4 Depending on expereince.
Reports to: CSS UK Field Support Team Manager
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen with in the CSS team,for a Field Support Engineer to support one of our Air Domian products overseas directly with an MBDAcustomer.
* To work as a Field Support Engineer,working directly withan overseas customer supporting them with one of MBDA leadingAir Domain Products.
* You will be the first point of contact to respond to Technical Queries and provide in country support to the customer.
* You wil be responsible for ensuring that all necessary tools and equipmentare available with any issues resolved in a timely manner with minimal disruption.
* Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding Company Products during Support, Installation and Commissioning activities, at the Customer’s location
* Maintain regular effective communications with the Customer and the relevant company teams
* Initiate and implement process and technology improvements to deliver continuous improvements in MBDA quality and product availability
* Provide Support to Design, Trials or Individual Projects when required and liaise with product suppliers in support of FS&T activities
What are we looking for?
* Apractical ‘hands on’ engineer to take on the Field Support Engineer Role.
* Youwill be able to demonstratestrong interpersonal skills as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner.
* You will be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customer’s local culture and behaviours
* Ideally you will have a sound knowledge of the Defence Structures and engineering processes whilst keeping yourself up to date in the relevant technical areas.
* You will be able to deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to respond to technical queries from the Customer.
* You will be able to maintain personal and Technical reports and records of all FS&T activities in line to company expectations.
* You will be ableto demonstrate the ability to enage a disparate range of stakeholders.
Desirables (not essential)
* Experience and a working knowledge of the Air Domain environment and experience of working with a Trials Team would be beneficial.
* A Defence Instructor Qualification and experience of the design and delivery of product training to the UK MOD that is compliant with DSAT would be an advantage to support customer in country.
What’s in it for you?
* The successful applicant will act as an ambassador for Field Support Team, you will be part of the wider field support team where you will be ableto help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
* An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
* The Field Support Team is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Engineers, Maintenance and Operator Instructors located at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
* The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in all three branches Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and experience across the MBDA product Range.
* The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set that you will instantly add value to.
* The team have regular social activities as well as the usual seasonal events.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).