6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
* Provide leadership and technical direction in an advisory capacity to both customer leaders and locomotive maintenance staff
* Provide clear direction on maintenance and troubleshooting tasks including all appropriate documentation
* Interpret and ensure adherence to GE workscopes and maintenance instructions
* Administer locomotive warranty material usage through troubleshooting, inspection and validation
* Manage warranty material inventory stock and replenishment for given locations
* Encourage and maintain safe work environment
* Responsible for compliance with local regulations and specific customer safety policies
* Provide feedback to other GE teams for updates to workscopes, engineering practices, component quality and functionality, design changes and shop processes.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience OR primary education with proven applicable experience in heavy equipment service industry
* Relevant experience in locomotive, diesel engine and/or any other heavy equipment maintenance roles
* Ability to communicate both verbal and written in English
* Ability to work railroad service shop/depot environment
* Willingness to work various shifts and days
* Willingness to travel to up to 75% of your time within UK to support customer hardware and software installation, corrective repair action and program/project status update
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Technical experience in a maintenance or production industrial environment
* Rail industry knowledge and experience
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United Kingdom; Leeds