about 1 year ago
Job ID : 96525BR
Location : United Kingdom - Newport
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
United Kingdom - Swindon
Field Service Engineer – UK South West
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a global biotechnology company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific and medical advancements that make life even better.
You will become a part of the UK and Ireland Service team supporting customers mainly in the South West of England. There is an expectation to be travelling approximately 50% to 70% of the time.
* Performing service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal and customer
procedures and regulations
* Installing, repairing, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and
effective customer operations
* Providing responsive telephone and on-site support and work to ensure that the customer is
successful in the use of their instrumentation
* Assuring a professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty
* Up-selling of service contracts and products via FLIP award program (Field Lead Incentive
* Identifying sales leads and passing to the Sales organisation
* Coordinating your own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, manager,
* Producing timely and accurate reports of your own activities: i.e. engineer reports, planned
maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc.
Experience/Qualifications needed to succeed:
* Professional background in Electronics or Biochemistry, engineering, life science or related
* May hold a high technical certificate level or an academic degree
* Some past relevant experience within a service function
* Troubleshooting knowledge and experience
* Excellent communication skills and able to work well within a team
* Driving license required
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !