2 months ago
Field Service Engineer - South of England - 006DMR
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team in the UK and Ireland.
In this role you will predominantly cover the South of England (Bristol, Reading area up to Redditch approximately), however on occasions there will be overseas travel included as well, to provide support on the installation, commissioning, modification and maintenance of electrical distribution equipment.
In this role the successful candidate will:
* Supervise/perform the following activities (at UK, overseas and offshore locations) on switchgear, transformers and related equipment between the voltage range of 400v – 36kv, Specific Experience within 6.6 - 33kv range preferable.
* Commissioning – basic testing such as ‘Ducter’ Resistance tests - IR test
* Systems testing and fault diagnosis
* Perform site risk assessments and assist in producing method statements
* Document test results and produce site work reports
* Contribute to the formulation of offers for site activities
* Participate in necessary schemes to provide cover outside of normal working hours
* Assist with works tests when necessary
* Contribute to customer training activities
* Promote the Company’s service activities, identify and pursue business opportunities
* Form part of our On Call rota system
* Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Engineering) or equivalent experience
* Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in similar role at UK, overseas and offshore locations
* Willingness to work at nuclear, military and offshore locations
* Build a good customer relationship, and a strong collaboration
* Be well grounded in shop floor assembly and test techniques just as well as on site cold commissioning techniques on 33kv networks
* Possess a solid understanding of the principles and application of electrical safety from the risks associated with live HV networks
* Knowledge of Low to High Voltage Testing (415v – 33kv systems), CT Magnetization Curves, CT Primary Injection, Relay Secondary Injection (Both electro mechanical and ‘PSL’ relays), VT Primary Injection, Control Circuit Wiring testing, Mechanical/Electrical function testing of 415v – 33kv switchboards & networks, G59 Schemes would be desirable but not essential
* The ability to own and follow through on commitments to completion
* Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must
* Hold a full driving license and passport
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.