6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
We are looking for an experienced MR/CT Field Service Engineer responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of customer’s equipment. The region covers Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Essex & Kent
• Total system-level troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on major OEM MR/CT equipment.
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections. Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
• Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety, and/or other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Managing vendors service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
• Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient and cost effective service delivery to all accounts with assigned area.
• May include training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
• Teach and assist other Field Engineers on advanced and complex troubleshooting and technical fixes, plays a leading role on complex and multifunctional system fixes.
• May take on additional responsibilities within local area as needed
• Experience in MR, CT and X-Ray modalities
• Field Services experience
• High technical and analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Valid driving licence
• Fluent in English
• Customer facing experience
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
• Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
• Based on territory or willing to relocate
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Locations: United Kingdom; Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Essex