5 months ago
Job ID : 98612BR
Location : United Kingdom - Hemel Hempstead
United Kingdom - London
United Kingdom - Milton Keynes
United Kingdom - Oxford
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer who will support the Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography Equipment (with a focus on IC (Ion Chromatography )and LC (Liquid Chromatography) equipment. Responsible to deliver all service activities, including Installations,related customer introduction, repairs, maintenance services, qualification services, depot repair, hot lines, etc. Ensuring overall customer satisfaction.The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in a similar role as an FSE or is working in a lab now with hands on experience looking for an exciting challenge.
Location: remote based with a preference on South UK (below Birmingham)
Division Specific Information
Integrated Equipment Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer’s business needs. Whether they are looking to arrange for service on one instrument, or are seeking resources to manage service and support for all their labs, there is an Integrated Services solution to meet their business needs.
What will you do?
* Perform’s all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
* Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customer’s expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments. Actively promote our contract products.
* Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
* Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others).
* Is responsible to report accurate and timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
* Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
Who we are looking for:
* Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects
* Experience servicing analytical equipment or equivalent applications specialist experience.
* Strong problem solving skills
* We will consider applicants with field service experience from other fields including other types of analytical instrumentation, medical and semiconductor equipment or from an applicable laboratory background as an end user with good practical skills and experience.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
* Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
* Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
* PC skills
* Driving License
* Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
* Up to 80% travel required
* Good English skills, both verbal and written
What’s in it for you?
* We can offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization. Attractive base salary & bonus to be discussed
* Core benefits include – BUPA healthcare coverage, Life Assurance policy (4 x base salary), Employee Assistance Program, Stakeholder pension scheme, 25 days annual leave
* Flexible benefits include – dental scheme, option to upgrade or extend BUPA cover, Cycle to Work scheme, subsidized gym memberships, travel insurance, retail discount & more
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !