14 days ago
Field Service Engineer (flexi-skilled) (15912)
Job ID: 15912
Location: Widnes, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
You will be responsible for Mechanical / Electrical (M/E) maintenance and technical support to the Wastewater Production team to repair and maintain Wastewater assets.
You will be working in a fast paced modern maintenance environment, providing proactive, planned and reactive support in all aspects of your field of expertise, to ensure compliance with company, statutory and regulatory requirements at the same time minimising environmental impact.
As the role can require lone working you will need to be comfortable working alone or as part of a team. The role will also include working in confined spaces as well as the opportunity to provide input into capital and operational projects to ensure assets fully meet operational and maintenance requirements. Participation in an out of hour's standby rota is also a requirement. Your duties will include the following:
* To implement an efficient Mechanical / Electrical maintenance and installation service.
* To analyse faults, rectify and ensure correct operation of Mechanical, Electrical and systems-based equipment.
* To perform planned and proactive maintenance activities.
* To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and internal company policies
* To maintain required financial control of a pre-defined budgets.
* To provide reliable, accurate and complete asset performance and repair information.
* To analyse and recommend solutions to recurring maintenance problems.
* Ensure that throughout your career that the required skills, competence and recency in all relevant subject matter are maintained
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in this role you must be a time served apprentice or equivalent, supported with academic qualifications ideally to HNC or minimum ONC equivalent in a relevant technical area. To be considered for this role you must have:
* A valid driving licence
* The ability to work in a team but also alone, be resilient, self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills and possess the required technical competence
* Able and willing to diversify into specialised areas of maintenance, as required, such as but not limited to chlorine gas systems and high voltage installations
* Diagnostic, organisational, planning, communication and computer skills
* Industry Experience
* Experience with welding and fabrication, motors. LV systems
* Experience of removal, repair and re-installing machinery and equipment both mechanical and electrical
* Supervisory experience as there is a lot of project work ongoing
* Proven knowledge of H&S regulations, Risk Assessments
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.