13 days ago
Field Service Engineer
Business Unit Carrier Job ID 30049109
City Falkirk Country United Kingdom
Watkins Hire Ltd Falkirk, 24-28 Burnbank Industrial Estate, Burnbank Road, Falkirk, FK2 7PE, UK.
Field Service Engineer
Competitive Salary, Vehicle & Benefits
We take the wellbeing of our staff and stakeholders seriously. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Carrier continues to ensure that our customer premises, assets and people remain safe and secure. Every Carrier employee will work within government guidelines to minimize interaction and maintain social distancing, on our own premises and beyond. To that end, our talent acquisition team and hiring managers will utilize phone and video interviewing to ensure candidates remain safe whilst receiving the best possible interview experience.
Carrier Rental Systems operate throughout the UK and across the rest of the world, providing a range of market leading, specialist temperature control rental products to a variety of clients and industries.
Carrier Rental Systems is currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer in Falkirk.
What will I be doing as a Field Service Engineer?
Are you motivated, hardworking with a desire to learn about the HVAC / Engineering sector within a fast-paced Hire Market?
We are now recruiting for Service and Installation Engineers. Your time will be predominantly on-site with customers. Duties will include:
As a Service Engineer, you will split your time across the depot / on-site with customers. Duties will include:
* Carrying out routine maintenance, breakdowns, installs both within and out with normal working hours.
* Ensure work is undertaken in line with specific method statements, risk assessments and relevant safety legislations.
* Installation/ de-installation and maintenance/servicing of HVAC Rental Equipment
* Attending and contributing to production meetings and briefings as necessary
* Drive planning discussions with the customer and any other third parties involved. Report and discuss project or schedule changes with line management
* To assist in the development and improve processes to improve deliverability, performance, productivity, cost reduction and efficiency
* To initiate and develop effective business relations with new and existing customers
* To liaise and work effectively with the sales and operations
* Checking equipment that has returned from hire, awaiting inspection, cleaning and servicing equipment by following laid down procedures. Completing pre-delivery inspection (PDI) procedures prior to hire and carrying out all safety and electrical tests
* Refurbishment of units in the depot - clean, paint, repairs, depot audits compliance, paperwork and maintaining the depot / equipment to a good standard
To be successful in this role you will:
* Have experience in installation / servicing commercial HVAC temperature control equipment
* Commercial refrigeration experience, F-GAS qualified
* Commercial burner /boiler experience would be advantageous.
* Full (UK) driving license
* Competent working knowledge of electrics. (Ideally 17th edition IEE wiring regulations)
What can we offer you?
* Competitive Basic Salary
* Overtime / Call-out potential
* Service Vehicle
* 25 Days Holiday (with the option to buy additional days) + Statutory Holidays
* Company Pension
* Fully funded study
* An experienced, dynamic and highly skilled leadership team
* Career progression – we love to build and nurture talent from within, therefore we’ll work with you to achieve your long-term career aspirations
* The opportunity to work on industry leading equipment and gain knowledge of a variety of HVAC rentals, temperature control equipment
More about us:
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
Carrier Rental Systems employees, products and services create comfortable, productive and healthy environments, through our temperature control, rental offering. We are a technology-driven business, but we are passionate about people too.
Liquid chilling, air-conditioning, heating and hot water supply are all vital elements to businesses everywhere and if these systems fail it can place any business at risk. Carrier Rental Systems supplies immediate, 24/7 365 nationwide HVAC rental solutions to help sustain and optimise the performance of our customers and prevent any unplanned downtime. We provide the fastest possible answers, followed by rapid equipment delivery to wherever it’s needed in the UK. Through our in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and high specification equipment, Carrier Rental Systems are able to offer a comprehensive rental solution for many critical and diverse applications. Backed by our in house, global HVAC manufacturer, Carrier, we provide start of the art, reliable, energy efficient rental products.
We welcome applications from talented HVAC Engineers, Temperature Control Engineers, Commercial Refrigeration Engineer, Commercial Boiler Engineer, Refrigeration Technicians and Senior Engineers who live within a commutable distance of our Falkirk Depot including Grangemouth, Stirling, Cumbernauld, Linlithgow, Livingston, Broxburn, Queensferry, Edinburgh & Lothians, Scotland and Glasgow.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice