8 months ago
Field Service Engineer
Job number: UK16438
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Derby. (Must be willing to travel between sites).
* Carry out machine repairs, fault diagnosis & maintenance to Stoneblower Fleet.
What you'll be doing
As a Field Service Engineer you will:
* Repair any defects found on machine & carry out within required competency level for the role;
* Assist Engineering Dept to maximise Stoneblower availability;
* To carry out repairs in line with company policies & procedures & work instructions;
* Inform supervisor of any issues / problems in a timely manner, which are outside your remit of control;
* Ensure working environment is maintained as required by 5S;
* Operate machine for maintenance purposes;
* Carry out on-call duties as required by the company;
* Ensure regularly updated & compliant with company policies & procedures;
* Awareness of company communication, i.e. e-mails, etc;
* Be responsible for the care of company assets in the individuals possession;
* To undertake training as required;
* Ensure compliance with competence assessment systems;
* Flexibility to travel as required by the company;
* Comply with the Company Code of Conduct;
* To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work;
* Contribute to the delivery of company occupational health and welfare, safety and environmental improvement plans;
* Only undertake work for which you have been trained and (if required) certified competent;
* To comply with Risk Assessments, method statements and safe systems of work;
* Maintain and utilise all PPE provided by the employer;
* Co-operate with your employer on health, safety and environment;
* Make safe any unsafe conditions where practical and challenge unsafe work practices;
* Inform your line manager, supervisor or health and safety representative of any unsafe occurrences;
* Report all, and assist with investigating relevant accidents, incidents and near misses.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* Recognised qualification in mechanical / electrical / maintenance engineering or experience in an associated trade;
* Technical Skills e.g. Knowledge & understanding in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, electronic, fault finding & repair;
* IT literate including basic knowledge of Microsoft systems;
* Full valid driving licence;
* PTS (Personal Track Safety) certificate;
* Basic understanding of Health & Safety, relevant to the role;
* Written & verbal communication skills;
* Competent in current maintenance standards;
* Able to work on own initiative;
* Problem Solving and identifying solutions;
* Openness and willingness to foster an environment of trust;
* Puts team before self;
* Accountable and holds team accountable;
* Committed to goals;
* Balances Team and individual responsibilities;
* Demonstrates resolve to exceed expectations;
* Targets Opportunities;
* Establishes goals and develops plans;
* Achieves goals through implementation of plan;
* Is accountable for results;
* Seen as direct and truthful;
* Takes decisive action;
* Raises awareness and willing to challenge when integrity compromised;
* Ethical in thought word and deed.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.