6 months ago
Job ID : 75927BR
Location : United Kingdom - Basingstoke
United Kingdom - Cambridge
United Kingdom - Crawley
United Kingdom - East Anglia
United Kingdom - East Grinstead
United Kingdom - Hemel Hempstead
United Kingdom - Horsham
United Kingdom - Kent
United Kingdom - London
Division Specific Information
This role is within our Clinical Diagnostics Division CDD that offers: Innovative high-value products like PCT and soon-to-launch Cascadian Clinical Mass Spec; Strong OEM relationships with the leading IVD companies – who are in all the major large labs – to meet their reagent and instrument needs; POC testing through collaboration with Samsung; Global manufacturing footprint with economies of scale to offer cost efficient, high quality products to the industry.
What will you do?
* Build and develop positive customer relationships which are robust, enduring and mutually beneficial.
* Be able to communicate fully with the customer following an initial breakdown call in order to ascertain the nature of the issue.
* To be technically competent across the whole instrument range and make reasonable accurate diagnosis of issues both remotely and while on site.
* Ensure that all work is fully tested to confirm that it is fit for purpose and satisfies the customer needs.
* Conduct a thorough and methodical approach to their work and be able to exercise effective judgment on both the short and longer term impact of part replacement on instrument performance.
* To use their time efficiently, handling scheduled maintenance while retaining good availability to manage urgent work.
* Ensure that the field service reporting process is fully implemented.
* Act as a strong company ambassador passing on strong customer led intelligence to commercial colleagues as appropriate.
* Maintain engineer held stock to appropriate levels.
* Manage return of modules repaired in a timely fashion
* Ensure that all instrumentation is maintained to a good working condition and is within calibration date.
* Communicate and liaise affectively with back-office team to co-ordinate engineering jobs efficiently.
* Communicate effectively with other engineers in order to expand analyser knowledge and associated faults. Also be aware of colleague workloads in order to deliver effective cover at times of peak demand.
* Inspire and motivate all colleagues to exceed customer expectations and generate new business enquiries.
* Work closely with Sales Team to minimize analyser downtime and create sales opportunities as appropriate.
* Provide timely reports on customer contact and lead generation.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
* Extensive service and support of instrumentation, ideally gained in related areas. The job holder must be used to responding to calls within the set timescale of the Service Agreement.
* Self-motivated and be able to manage routine maintenance and stock both efficiently and effectively. In addition be able to assess and respond to any breakdowns within the contractible timescale.
* Have an aptitude for mechanical/ fluidic systems, understanding and experience in handling micro-processor based systems and a good knowledge of all Windows Operating systems.
* It is a basic requirement that the job holder is able to communicate within the company and externally in an effective and authoritative manner, both in writing and verbally. A good command of written and verbal use of the English languages is essential, together with the ability to think clearly and marshal ideas. Spoken communication must be clear and confident and must show evidence of good listening skills.
* Interpersonal and social skills necessary to represent the Company and communicate at all levels both internally and externally...
* Must be able to cover large geographical areas of the UK and Ireland, with overnight stops away from home and irregular hours when required.
What’s in it for you:
* Competitive package
* Excellent benefits - Private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
* 25 days annual holiday plus UK bank holidays
* Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !