5 months ago
Job ID : 73355BR_1
Location : United Kingdom - Basingstoke
United Kingdom - Bishops Stortford
United Kingdom - Cramlington
United Kingdom - Oxford
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Field Field Service Engineer - UK & Ireland
Preferred home location: South West London area
* Work independently as part of a Field Service organisation team to support the Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer
* Perform liquid chromatography - mass spectrometry based service, Preventative maintenance, installation, telephone support and troubleshooting.
* Work closely with Sales and Business development team to perform on site support, demonstrations, supporting exhibitions and sales visits as and when required.
* Duties to include a cross training program to support hardware installations telephone and on-site diagnostics, preventive maintenance and un-scheduled service visits at customer sites as and when required.
* Share experience and best practice of product services and applications with colleagues. Contribute to knowledge base to allow continued improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
* Effectively communicate with Hotline, Field Application Specialist, Support Specialist, Service manager, Sales Representatives and Sales Manager.
* Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance work quality and effectiveness.
* Must be client-focused and customer centric, working in conjunction with Sales and Service teams in relation to corporate goals and objectives
* Accurately document field support activities, including qualification and service reports, expense report and timely submit through the required systems.
* BS degree or above in engineering (electrical or mechanical) or other BS degree with equivalent professional experience.
* Sound working knowledge of analytical instrumentation and Field Service experience in installation, servicing, troubleshooting of IVD instrumentation.
* Knowledge and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is essential
* Ability to work independently, have effective communication skills
* Proven ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical analytical problems in a challenging environment
* Must be willing and able to travel extensively (est. 50% - 80%) as required, including international travel, sometimes at short notice.
* Clean drivers License.