about 1 year ago
The Field Representative is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project for the Owner. The Field Representative oversees the construction contractor’s field labor force. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You’ll do:
• Day-to-day on-site oversight of contractors’ labor force
• Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with contract documents and code
• Represent the Owner in all project related matters to local and awarding authorities, architects and engineers, consultants, contractors and others
• Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Program Manager
• Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of
Owner and Architect/Engineer
• Oversee development and implementation of site logistics plan, in coordination with contractor’s Project Manager
• Conduct quality inspections
• Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material. Sign daily T&Msheets as required.
• Communicate and enforce Owner’s or Contractors Safety and Health Management Program
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
• Review schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and assist in ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates
• Prepare and submit Field Representative OPM’s Daily Reports
• Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings
We’re looking for:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
• Broad understanding of industry
• Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of
Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
• Strong understanding of construction means and methods on a variety of building types
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good math/accounting skills
• Strong management skills
• Strong ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
• Functions effectively as part of a team
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Delegates work appropriately
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skill
* College or Vocational education desired
First Aid/CPR certification
5+ years of industry experience
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.