about 1 year ago
Field Maintenance Lead Engineer(m/f)-TWMA-UKCR01324587
Field Maintenance Lead Engineer (F/M)
• CENTRAL RIVERS, UK
• PERM POSITION/ FULL TIME
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centers in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signaling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
We want you to be a part of this global and innovative team!
To lead a team of Field Maintenance Engineers to provide a safe, reliable and cost-efficient fleet of trains, which meets the Train Operator’s presentation requirements and complies with their Safety Case obligations.
• Ensure that the team is resourced and organised adequately to deliver its key business objectives
• Lead all aspects of train safety from accurate reporting of safety issues to on-time implementation of containment and counter-measure solutions.
• Lead, manage and deliver engineering change to improve fleet reliability performance, reduce cost of maintenance & deliver customer variation solutions.
• Ensure that the specified fleet maintenance regime is certificated, adhered to and complies with all relevant legislation, and associated limitations are effectively managed
• Lead all aspects of planning and delivery readiness (BoM’s, work instructions, configuration….) for planned maintenance activities as defined by the Vehicle Maintenance Instruction
• Degree in Engineering discipline
• Chartered status or actively working toward chartered status
• Experience in fleet maintenance or asset management environment
• Experience in project planning
• Experience in managing rail vehicle engineering change, including risk assessments
• Knowledge of rail legislation (group standards) and safety case obligations
• Some experience in management environment
• Rail vehicle engineering knowledge and understanding
• Benefits of cross functional working or collaborative working
WHAT WE OFFER:
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Central Rivers
Employee Status: Regular