about 1 month ago
Field Maintenance Engineer / Project Engineer-TUKR-UKCR02239217
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Field Maintenance Engineer/Project Engineer based at our Burton-on-Trent, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire location.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is working as part of a team of Engineers across the DEMU fleet platform (Etches Park & Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire depots) delivering activities and projects to provide a safe, reliable and cost efficient fleet of trains, which meets the Train Operator’s presentation requirements and complies with their Safety Case obligations.
• Develop and deliver engineering change to improve fleet/system reliability performance, reduce cost of maintenance & deliver customer variation solutions.
• Identify and implement safe, cost effective, containments and countermeasures to identified product safety issues.
• Planning and delivery readiness (inc. BoM’s, work instructions & configuration) for planned maintenance activities, as defined by the Vehicle Maintenance Instruction.
• Ensure that the specified fleet maintenance regime is certificated, adhered to and complies with all relevant legislation, and associated limitations are effectively managed.
• Use engineering knowledge, problem solving skills, standard project management techniques and awareness of standards and the constraints of the delivery organisation to support, justify and manage changes.
• Support day to day depot operations teams in resolving arising fleet issues – this could include the requirement to undertake out of hours on-call / nightshift duties as part of a roster.
• Achieved or working towards Degree or Higher Certificate in engineering/technical discipline
• Chartered status or actively working toward chartered status (advantageous)
• Strong rail vehicle technical knowledge and understanding
• Experience in fleet maintenance or asset management environment
• Experience in project planning, governance and execution
• Experience in delivering rail vehicle engineering change, including risk assessments and approvals
• Knowledge of rail industry legislation and safety case obligations
• Advanced/business fluent level of English
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Posting date: 3.03.2020
Closing date: 1.04.2020
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Employee Status: Regular