about 1 year ago
Field Maintenance Engineer (m/f)-TEMA-UKIL01415148
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based at our depot in Old Oak Common, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Field Maintenance Engineer (m/f).
The Field Maintenance Engineer will be responsible to provide engineering technical support and investigations into issues affecting the safety, availability and reliability of the fleet. Develop engineering containments to protect the Maintenance Plan and performance regime, and develop long term resolution to conclude non conformities. Prepare quality system documentation and ensure all activities comply with specified procedures.
• Technical investigations: Responsible for undertaking technical investigations affecting rolling stock performance, and ensure all technical investigations are recorded in accordance with Bombardier procedures. Provide immediate support to safety and reliability faults and provide fleet check instructions for the Production function.Ensure all investigations have been thoroughly investigated and resolved, and interface with Central Engineering or original equipment manufacturers for specialist support. Responsible for closing out all technical investigations by ensuring details of the investigation, outcomes, actions taken and associated documents or information are systematically recorded.
• Engineering support to Production for fault finding: Provide engineering support to identify and resolve faults with the fleet, and liaise with original equipment manufacturers into failure data reported via Bombardiers ORBITA system that captures and analysis diagnostic and prognostic information.Develop train level and system level fault trees, to ensure Production function can accurately identify and rectify faults immediately to protect the reliability and availability of the fleet.
• Modifications: Develop modifications to improve the safety and reliability performance of individual systems and equipment, including updates to the Simulator. Interface with Central Engineering to develop modifications, and ensure drawings, bill of materials, method statements, change requirements, maintenance procedures and special tools and equipment have been identified and produced. Work with the design authority to test the modification against input specifications.
• Maintenance Plan and manuals: Responsible for amending and revalidating the Maintenance Plan, and associated documentation, taking into account changes to changes in working parameters of the Units, changes to the fleet maintenance strategy, maintenance optimisation, and changes resulting from modifications to the trains, equipment or station propriety equipment.
• Material technical support: Review material performance against specification, review reliability and obsolescence of parts. Assess repair methodologies for effectiveness and Identify new products with a potential for performance improvement.
• Quality management: Responsible for the development, writing and implementation of quality management processes, procedures and work instructions to ensure the Maintenance Plan complies with all applicable laws and standards. Support the technical training activities to correct non conformities identified during in process audits.
• Degree educated, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or working towards a degree and currently qualified to HNC level and served an approved apprenticeship or equivalent practical training.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of rolling stock maintenance and design
• Effective investigatory skills into technical investigations
• Experienced in using problem solving techniques to investigate technical faults
• Knowledge of and experience of ISO9001 quality management systems
• Effective communicator with internal functions
• Quality assurance techniques
Posting date: 31.10.2017
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London - Old Oak Common
Employee Status: Regular