8 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Sky Network Services (SNS) team are core to our technical infrastructure and play an important part in our current and future success. Their focus is to deliver the highest quality broadband and telephony network, helping us offer the best broadband and voice products in the market.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
- You will be part of a Team responsible for the physical Implementation and First Line Maintenance on Sky's core IP and Transmission networks, which supports Sky products including: Broadband, Talk, Mobile, Corporate, and Wholesale services.
- The role will cover the day to day operations and maintenance within the Sky POP and Datacentre environments ensuring all support functions are performed to Sky’s exemplary standards.
- You will also be responsible for the physical implementation and preventative maintenance within the Sky LLU Estate.
- Be responsible for the restoration of network faults within a defined SLA
- Proven experience within the Telecom / ISP industry
- Demonstrate experience in Datacentre operational environments
- Technical knowledge and experience of network installation practices and procedures for various network vendors such as Cisco, Nokia and Huawei
- Good knowledge and understanding of industry standard fibre optic specification.
- Experience in the installation of copper (Cat5e, Cat6) and fibre optic structured data cabling is essential.
- Good knowledge and understanding of undertaking Audits and Record Management.
- Have the ability to work both within a team and on your own effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust to change, working well under pressure to meet fixed and often challenging deadlines.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better