9 months ago
Requisition ID: 198085
Responsible for the performance of a broad range of construction quality control activities within an assigned area of responsibility. Responsible for implementation of quality control procedures and policies to ensure field activities conform to project specifications.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational direction from on-site supervising quality control engineer or other assigned supervising manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate quality control engineers and technical and clerical support staff, as assigned.
- Contacts are with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and other on-site related discipline personnel, as assigned, in the performance of quality control duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directs activities of subordinate quality control engineers, and other inspection personnel, as assigned.
2. Responsible for construction quality control program activities, such as development and implementation of inspection plans, within an assigned area of responsibility.
3. Determines requirements for, and directs preparation of, technical and administrative documents and reports.
4. Within assigned area, monitors the performance and overall progress of construction inspections to ensure adherence to the field quality control program.
5. Maintains quality control records in support of activities in the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Implements procedures and policies established by others and develops procedures, as required, for the performance of assigned functions.
7. Monitors activities of assigned subcontractors to ensure construction, material and installation comply with project specifications and quality control criteria.
8. Ensures continuous, progressive training of assigned subordinate personnel.
9. Performs annual reviews of subordinate personnel and participates in development plans.
- Technical knowledge of field engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of current Bechtel project and industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed inspection plans based on contract; Bechtel, project and industry quality standards; and project approved design documents.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of environmental laws.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in related engineering disciplines, AND/OR
- Work experience in quality control aspects of construction inspection, testing and installation activities.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.