25 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
* Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of void preparation, maintenance and response works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
* Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
* Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard.
* Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
* Undertake inspections on the service delivery in accordance with the levels defined for an agreed area and all issues are recorded and actioned accordingly
* Ensure that M&E equipment, boilers and the like, are correctly set to work (controls set back for frost protection or heating systems drained and disabled), tested and commissioned. Witnessing the commissioning and testing of new equipment is being carried out by competent supply chain operatives.
* Ensure empty properties (voids) are inspected regularly and meet the required standard
* Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person
* Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person
* Act as first point of contact for properties within the portfolio and liaise with operational management to ensure outstanding works are tracked to completion
What will this role involve?
* Support management and the Helpdesk in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as an interface to resolve end user issues and the provision of technical advice
* Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner
* Manage occupant move in and move outs and coordinate all appointments demonstrating commitment to our values and strategy
* Attend relevant meetings as and when required, including but not limited to neighbour disputes, welfare representatives, SFA management, occupant coffee mornings
* Coordinate the day to day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375
* Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best.
* Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money
* Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk
* Contribute to the production of ESTS, FASP and ESRs across the establishments within area of responsibility
* Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey
What are we looking for?
Skills & Experience Profile
· Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
§ Management of the operational delivery of Housing Property Management tasks
§ Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
§ Planning, directing and controlling activities
§ Management of Safe Systems of Work
· Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative environment.
· Experience of supervising site operations, including:
§ Planning, directing and controlling activities
§ Agreeing scope and priorities of work
§ Proactive performance management
§ Ability to solve problems and make decisions
· Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
§ Experience of operating in an MOD environment
§ Working knowledge of CDM regulations
§ Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
§ NEC3 contract requirements
· Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
What makes this role unique?
* Developed communication skills are required to influence internally and externally across the business.
* Lead by example across the Amey contract and by achieving objectives and consistently demonstrating the Company values.
* Motivate local site team through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making and strive for excellence in personal and site objectives.
* Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience.
* Build strong relationships with local MoD personnel and the end user to ensure excellent delivery of the Amey contract.
* Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships, within the Amey contract seeking to achieve benefits of joint value Able to influence and negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the Amey contract.
* Maintains high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintains focus to deliver results.
* Plan resources effectively and monitor against clear objectives, ensuring milestones and targets are met.
* Through the use of available technology produce and analyse data, maintain accurate records and identify problems within area of remit.
* Work in compliance with Amey processes and identify and share effective ways of working within the Amey contract.
* Manage cost and value for money utilising technical knowledge and experiential experience.
* Takes responsibility for the implementation of Health & Safety processes on site and shares effective ways of working within the Amey contract.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of Construction & Property Maintenance processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results.