26 days ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
To deliver a range of facilities services to buildings in line with contractual commitments within the FM prisons contract.
Job Title: Facilities Manager (Site Manager) – HMP Foston Hall
Location: Foston, Derby DE65 5DN
Hours: 39 Hours Per Week
What will this role involve?
* Ensure that all Hazards are identified and that risk is reduced
* Ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with the Health and Safety Policy
* Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to.
* Achieve and maintain Statutory and Mandatory Compliance
* Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are implemented and complied with.
* Ensure all services are delivered in line with contractual commitments.
* Carry out audits and spot checks to confirm service delivery by both direct employees and sub-contractors is of the required quality.
* Carry out first line management duties with staff including disciplinary and employment processes.
* Revenue generation from additional work identification.
* Provide information exchange with on-site customers.
* Ensure that client policies are adhered to, particularly in relation to Security
* To oversee the day to day operation and strategic management of the Estate / building on behalf of the Client.
Role Specific Responsibilities
* Ensure that all hazards are identified and that suitable and sufficient risk assessments are completed to reduce or eliminate risk
* Ensure that all staff are briefed on Health and Safety Policy and work towards Amey’s Zero Harm goal
* Monitor and review statutory and mandatory compliance including self-audits
* Ensure the correct number and trade mix of resources within the on-site team.
* Induct all new team members effectively into the contract and to the wider Amey.
* Ensure all employees have received a relevant site specific / HMPPS induction.
* Ensure all employees have the correct resources to undertake their roles eg PPE, tools, etc.
* Ensure that all tools and resources are used in accordance with the local security policies.
* Make sure every team member has clear responsibilities and objectives.
* Ensure employees are competent to undertake their roles and training needs are addressed.
* Provide regular performance feedback to team via monthly one to one meetings.
* Conduct at least mid-year and annual performance and development reviews with team.
* Agree personal development plans with all employees as part of the annual review.
* Cascade local and Amey-wide information through regular team briefings.
* Promote good attendance by managing short term absence and promptly addressing triggers.
* Provide prompt support to any employee on long term sick.
* Address any performance shortfalls swiftly with improvement plans.
* Communicate and promote an understanding of contract performance.
* Ensure that KPIs are achieved and that staff are aware of their role in service delivery.
* Address any employee issues and concerns in a timely manner.
* Ensure that contractor performance is monitored and that contractors are aware of and adhere to Amey and site policies and procedures.
* Update the Environmental Management System for site and ensure that measures to reduce the risk to the environment are adhered to.
* Generate revenue through additional works and monitor the P & L for site.
* Ensure that all procurement and commercial policies are adhered to.
* Respond promptly to internal information requests.
What are we looking for?
* Recognised and relevant technical or FM qualification
* IOSH Managing safely (Essential)
* NEBOSH OR CITB SMSTS (Desirable)
* Customer relationship management
* Planning and organising
* Clear and sensitive communication style, likely to be of a technical nature
* Experience of the Facilities Management marketplace
* Experience of first line management
* Experience of working in a custodial environment desired
* Sound knowledge of service delivery and KPIs
* Supply chain management
* Demonstrable experience of budgeting and managing costs
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and implementation of policies
* Sound knowledge of Statutory and Mandatory Compliance with experience of preparing for external audits
The successful candidate will be required to undergo and pass an Enhanced level 1 vetting with the client. (This is similar to a DBS check) please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
What makes this role unique?
You will carry out audits and spot checks to confirm service delivery by both direct employees and sub contractors are of the required quality.