about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2020-69472
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Consultant Engineering
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Fabricator/Welder to be based at our Birchwood Park site in Warrington.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
* To work as part of the workshop team which includes machinists, fabrication and welding
* To be flexible to help in other areas besides welding / fabrication if required.
* To work with the workshop manager and project teams / engineers to understand project requirements and contribute to design improvements.
* To support the workshop manager in estimating hours required to manufacture items / complete tasks.
* To manufacture one off items or small batches.
Skills / Qualifications
* Be conversant with MAG, TIG and MMA welding processes of carbon and stainless steels.
* Have experience in fabrication in light to heavy sections of materials.
* Be able to work to engineering drawings and tolerances.
* Be flexible to work outside of the fabrication shop assisting in assembly/fitting/maintenance duties.
* Be able to work under their own initiative.
* Be flexible to work late at short notice and work planned overtime during the week and at weekend.
* Have served a full engineering apprenticeship with an approved body.
* A current fork lift truck licence.
* Any other standard training that is in date such as use of overhead cranes, working at height, abrasive wheels, scaffold erection, etc.
* Experience in Structural Steelwork Fabrication
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.