3 months ago
Fabrication CAD Engineer
Job number: UK14064
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, North West, Wirral
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Fabrication CAD Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Bromborough, Wirral.
* To carry out the co-ordination and drawing production to the project teams planning requirements, ensuring all quality standards are achieved. Including liaising with the designers and project team and when necessary to act as Team Leader and direct other CAD operators.
What you'll be doing
As, Fabrication CAD Engineer , you will be responsible for the following:
* Co-ordination of MEP services using industry standard software;
* Preparing drawing packages for issue to customer, manufacturing facility and / or site installation team in line with specified quality and time standards;
* Creating final as installed drawings for issuing to customer, including updating information held in document management system;
* Ensuring the relevant procedures from the Business Management System are adhered to in relation of Draughting and Design issues;
* Exploring the modular system approach;
* Assisting with other design duties as deemed appropriate to skill level / experience;
* Adhering to the Balfour Beatty BIM Methodology;
* Ensuring duties are carried out in line with company standards relating to Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental issues;
* Assisting with mentoring/coaching CAD team members when required;
* Supporting the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:-
* Experience of delivering CAD services within the Building Services industry;
* Experienced in 3D CAD (CADDUCT) or Revit software;
* Strong numeracy capability;
* Strong planning and organisation skills;
* Pays attention to detail and see tasks through to completion;
* A team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills;
* Experience of Integrating off site Modular approach when co-ordinating services;
* Knowledge of the construction industry, or relevant sector.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.