7 months ago
Experienced RF Antenna Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you a passionate Antenna RF Engineer? Interested in supporting tests and having direct contact with the end customer?Looking to design gold standard antennas? Interested in working on the National Satellite Programme (NSP)? Interested in Geostationary Satellite or Constellation? Looking for to work for a company that is playing the first role in Antenna solution for telecom satellite?
Then this is the role for you!
As an Antenna RF Engineer you will be joining a, close-knit and welcoming team, of more than 20 multi-cultural Engineers. You will be responsible for the life of product from Negotiation to in orbit test – including design phase, product development process, prototype build, product qualification and production build.
This role would require some travel in other European Airbus sites.
For the right person, there are 3 x career paths available for this role:
* Recognised expert in RF Antenna
* Develop Team Leader skills by managing a team of 2-3 Engineers
* Develop Project Manager skills by monitoring and delivering the projects on schedule and on budget
The successful candidate may need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
* Design and development of active antennas.
* Work on new product development.
* Perform design and development of advanced antennas, antenna subsystems and antenna elements.
* Support writing of reports, white papers, bids, proposals, specification definitions and acceptance test procedures.
* Support design and implementation of RF integrated circuits for Front-end Modules implementing active antenna systems
* Antenna simulation tools: TICRA software
* Good Analytical and mathematical skills
* Experience in antenna designs and either Antenna Theory or Microwave / RF (Radio Frequency) Engineering.
* Microwave design experience with Phased Arrays and other active antennas, based on horn and printed radiating elements
* Experience utilizing electromagnetic simulation tools such as FEKO, CST or similar analysis software.
* Experience with MATLAB analysis and basic programming.
* Experience in designing antenna feeds.
* Experience in passive antenna design (Single offset, Gregorian, Single Feed Per Beam (SFPB), multiple feed per beam (MFB) …)
* French language is a plus but not Mandatory.