9 months ago
Examining Engineer / STE2 Reviewer (17 month F/T)
Job number: UK14545
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Redhill
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an EXAMINING ENGINEER-STE2 REVIEWER (17 MONTH F/T) to join our Rail team to work in Redhill or your home location.
What you'll be doing
As an EXAMINING ENGINEER-STE2 REVIEWER, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Produce report reviews and supplementarycuments that support the service;
* Direct personnel;
* Lead the production of investigations, reports and specifications;
* Ensure activity is in compliance with relevant technical, professional and group standards;
* Ensure project change is fully managed, implemented and recorded;
* Ensure work is undertaken using formal processes and procedures;
* Manage and record time and provide time estimates for projects/packages;
* Define and manage change to scope of work;
* Focal point for liaison with clients engineering representatives.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Chartered Engineer essential with experience of railway or highway infrastructure;
* In depth knowledge of rail structures and the requirements of effective asset management;
* STE2 competence to NR/SP/CTM/017;
* Must have a broad knowledge of health and safety legislation and how it impacts on the examinations discipline;
* Experienced in carrying out structure investigation surveys including intrusive
techniques and structure monitoring;
* Awareness of Construction methods and materials;
* Working knowledge of Group Standards /HSE Legislation;
* Intermediate level of IT;
* Significant experience in the detailed facets of engineering for the particular discipline;
* Has experience with and delivered the solutions to complex engineering problems and has experienced delivering these solutions in the design and build environment;
* Experience in leading large teams to deliver projects;
* Experience of developing processes and procedures.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.