about 1 year ago
Working as part of a close knit team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the test & commissioning of ETCS On-Board equipment. This demanding role will see the successful candidate work closely with the System Engineering and R&D teams through project lifecycles as well as supporting the Solution Architect and Business Development Teams in the pursuit of new business.
The role offers a range of challenges from lab based to on-site testing, validation activities, fault finding and supporting the development of future strategy.
What are my responsibilities?
* Maintain a strong customer focus in all work carried out for both internal and external customers
* Responsible for the test and commissioning of generic and class specific application of ETCS On-Board systems
* Support the development of the test & commissioning strategy across the whole lifecycle
* Fault finding / tracing of physical installation issues
* Fault finding / tracing of software application and / or configuration issues
* Generation and application of specific test cases in accordance with industry and company standards and requirements
* Plan monitor and control testing activities
* Promote value engineering concepts and ides as related to the test & commissioning function
* Creation of validated test scripts for scenario based testing
* Management of the test environment (both lab and on-site)
* Management and calibration of all required test tools
* Participation in interoperability testing with trackside systems (from both Siemens and other suppliers)
* Work with colleagues from other offices / site locations across the UK and abroad (Germany)
Requisition ID: 273700
Career Level: not defined
Full time only