7 months ago
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Estimators with a wealth of varied civil engineering knowledge to join our team in Shifnal, assisting with the delivery of a key framework with our client Severn Trent Water.
You will have strong numerical and analytical skills with experience of water, highways, utilities and traditional contracts and must be competent in producing accurate and thorough tender returns, effectively planning projected costs and timescales, identifying construction risks and researching materials, plant, labour and equipment costs.
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Project Manager
- Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
- Taking part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of standard documentation – reports, letters, financial statements etc.
- Preparation of Estimates as required
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
- Producing financial fee report for post contract review
- Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
- Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or other relevant degree
- ACostE/MRICS/MCIOB qualified preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Competence in using estimating packages such as Conquest and/or Candy, and programme packages such as MS project are
- Extensive experience of working on water and pipeline projects preferred
- Good understanding of how TOTEX (Total expenditure) is calculated using Capital Expenditure, Operational Expenditure, Whole
Life cost and Embedded / Operational carbon values to provide whole life cost solutions to our clients.
You must have excellent communication skills and thrive working to tight deadlines, being able to manage and support the development of other more junior members of our estimating team, and liaise with other professionals including suppliers and clients.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience
JN Bentley Ltd is part of the global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald, offering our clients full feasibility, design and construction services throughout the UK. We directly employ over 1500 people and are a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover in excess of £300 million.
Successfully working alongside companies such as; National Grid, Rolls Royce, Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, United Utilities and the Coal authority has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors whilst developing and maintaining an excellent reputation with our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job category (multi-select)
Building, Civil, Construction, Cost, Estimating, Planning, Site, Utility, Water