3 months ago
Due to successful growth and long-term demand for our services, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team in Leeds, assisting with the delivery of key frameworks with the Coal Authority, Environment Agency and Rolls Royce.
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Commercial Manager
- Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
- Taking part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports
- Assisting in securing new and repeat business in line with the annual budget
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans
- Preparation of standard documentation – reports, letters, financial statements etc.
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
- Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
- Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Contract administration as necessary
Strong numerical and analytical skills
Be competent in producing accurate and thorough tender returns effectively planning projected costs and timescales, identifying construction risks and researching materials, plant, labour and equipment costs.
Competent in using estimating packages such as Conquest and/or Candy, and programme packages such as MS project are essential
Must have excellent communication skills and thrive working to tight deadlines, being able to manage and support the development of other more junior members of our estimating team, and liaise with other professionals including suppliers and clients.
Basic understanding of construction techniques
Adaptable and open to change
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £257 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 53% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1500 employees milestone for the very first time and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 33,500 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
A growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture, MMB was established in 1999.
Here at JN Bentley, we believe that employees are more productive within a diverse, relaxed, fun, and generally pleasant environment. Therefore, we are driven to creating a cheerful workplace in which employees can enjoy coming to work, reach their potential and share the rewards.
Bidding, Civil, Estimating, Site, Utility, Water
IBM Online Privacy Statement