about 1 month ago
Job IDDate posted 01/20/2020
Location Bristol, England
Company BDUKL - United Kingdom
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
This Estimating & Pricing Specialist role will provide functional support and Subject Matter Expert business partnering to an exciting diverse portfolio of New Business Opportunities and on-contract Programmes across the BDUK organisation. Working in partnership with stakeholders this role offers challenging and diverse opportunities including development of accurate cost and price information, risk mitigation and pricing strategies, improving our competitive advantage, client engagement, creating enduring profitable business propositions and optimising the use of available data for improvement initiatives
The role sits within the central Estimating & Pricing Team, taking leadership and guidance from the Estimating & Pricing Lead, and under management by the wider Commercial Function. The principal responsibility of the role will be to provide integrated estimating and pricing capabilities into proposals for new business campaigns as well as supporting other areas of the business on an arising basis, seeking to utilise tools and processes to optimally deliver more standardised products and support when there is less requirement for unique and tailored requirements. As part of a dynamic and flexible estimating & pricing team the role will also support other areas of the business as required including; implementation of functional improvements, opportunities for greater cross-functional collaboration and identifying business opportunities.
* Member of Finance Acquire organisation within Commercial team.
* Leads development of complex estimates and prices for technical requirements through the design, build and support stages of the programme.
* Leads development and application of pricing strategies using innovative computational techniques.
* Supports business proposals, evaluates and makes recommendations based on complex requests for proposal and substantiates the basis of estimates and pricing methods/ data.
* Develops complex pricing models and business cases.
* Leads and performs complex analysis and provides recommendations in support of pricing and estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.).
* Review and maintain cost and pricing data, determining database requirements and identifying new data sources.
* Leads the development/application/maintenance of unique and non-unique rates and factors for estimating.
* Supports compliance activities, policy and procedure development, deployment of new systems/tools, training development/delivery and internal audits.
* Provides guidance and recommendations for innovative approaches, methods and techniques to analyze, evaluate and resolve complex finance issues.
* Support development of pricing rates and internal budget setting, optimising internal structures to ensure “market affordability”.
* Develop and implement policy for trading on Qualifying Defence Contracts, aligning internal structures accordingly
* Support customer (CAAS) interactions on estimated rates, actual rates, cost certification and cost model verification.
* This role requires the ability to obtain SC clearance
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.