6 months ago
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation.
An exciting opportunity supporting the Enterprise System Services or ERP Team Lead to deliver and support Systems lifecycle events (projects, upgrades, changes, etc), professional services (consultancy, solution design and project/work package management) and end user support for 4000+ users. Based in our Crawley super-site with some travel, you’ll be joining a team of 12 in an inclusive environment where innovative ideas are welcomed.
* Provide business go-live/cutover support for application changes and business event changes
* Provide technical and functional expertise for project delivery
* Build and maintain client relationships both internally and externally
* Capture and validate business requirements
* Provide design documentation relevant to project delivery
* Provide documentation relating to operational acceptance and transition
* Provide training to end users and other IS team members
* Installation and maintenance of one or more Enterprise or ERP Systems
* Responsible for the integration of IS systems
* Provide an excellent service to Thales UK by effective service request and Incident Management adhering to SLTs
* Manage change using corporate change management processes
* Hold regular service reviews with vendors and/or internal customers and identify and introduce service improvements and innovations
* Assist with defining service definitions and the continued monitoring of our service
* Ensure applications are patched and upgraded regularly to maintain support from vendors and to ensure fixes and new functionality are implemented.
(Enterprise and ERP Systems defined here may relate to, but is not limited to, one or more of the following: PLM solutions (eg Teamcenter, Palma), Primavera, Vega, Cobra, Fuse, Mestec, Oracle eBS, Coda/IBS)
Skills - Essential
* Deep technical and functional knowledge of one or more Enterprise or ERP systems
* Experience of application methodologies, configuration management and deployment of applications, application updates and basic troubleshooting
* Ability to perform detailed assessments and provide high-quality written reports
* Ability to write technical documentation
* Knowledge of database platforms that support one or more Enterprise or ERP systems
* Knowledge of presentation layers such as Citrix and RDSH
* Microsoft Windows desktop operating system and Office suite competency.
* Be self-motivated with a willingness to exercise initiative
* Be a confident self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
* Understanding of SLA and service delivery.
Experience - Essential
* Enterprise solution expert
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT industry (Engineering Company) (depending on grade)
* Applications support and implementation of one or more Enterprise or ERP systems
* Lifecycle management of one or more Enterprise or ERP systems
* Working in a complex organisation.
Qualifications - Essential
* Degree/HND or an equivalent in a relevant IT subject
* Any related IS certifications/qualifications/training
* Recognised relevant professional qualifications (eg Chartered/Certified Accountant)
* ITIL v3 Foundation.
Thales supports Smart Working which is an approach to organising work that aims to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness in achieving job outcomes. It combines flexibility, autonomy and collaboration, while optimising tools and working environments for employees – ask for more details at your interview.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.