8 months ago
Title : IT&S Team Lead
Requisition ID :2018-29168
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Information Technology
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for an ERP System Lead to join the P&O Systems Support Team in Aberdeen.
The primary responsibilities are to deliver the HR and Payroll functional area as part of an ERP implementation programme. Ensuring that any delivered system solution meets business requirements; business and systems processes are clearly defined and data cleanse is complete ahead of any load.
Provide leadership and direction to the implementation team in functional area to ensure implementation budget and timelines are met globally.
Supporting the activities of the implementation Project Manager and wider ERP Leadership team to ensure that they align with business objectives and maximize the effectiveness and competitiveness of Wood.
Key member of the wider P&O Systems Support team with regular interaction and input to the other leads in support of any implementation initiatives and support actvities.
The role will encompass both east and west business areas from an HCM Cloud perspective and East focus for EBS.
* Lead, motivate and develop direct reports to ensure they have the necessary skills, understanding of strategy and clear career paths.
* Manage relationships and deliverables of P&O team, including external consultants.
* Lead and support the SME’s and team to ensure delivery of key milestones against project plan in an effective manner.
* Ensure that all business and system processes are updated and documented to determine best practice.
* Manage the data collection and cleanse activities ahead of any implementation. Ensuring that data is available for load to meet project timeline.
* Provide challenge to ensure that the solution developed is fit for purpose.
* Manage responses to system build queries from business or other streams.
* Participate in initial project kick off workshops, leading on the P&O and Payroll streams.
* Implement design globally and ensure a global perspective is considered at all times.
* Work closely with change management team to align an include activities, communications, training & education etc into functional project plans.
* Lead all project testing phases, delivering to test timetable.
* Manage identified key stakeholders and ensure cross functional relationships are maintained.
* Contribute and support specific plans that mitigate or address risks and concerns stakeholder management across a number of different levels and global locations.
* Provide regular project progress updates to measure build completeness, data readiness and testing plan activities to the overall programme team.
* Support compliance and data integrity activities.
* Be aware of GDPR requirements and ensure compliance during project lifecycle.
* Support system decommissioning and data archiving activities.
* Drive continuous improvement and standardisation across systems landscape.
* Support IT P&O Process Manager and wider team as required.
Skills / Qualifications
* Educated to degree level or with equivalent years of experience.
* Knowledge of IT system delivery and change aligned to strong understanding of Wood business operations and strategy.
* Demonstrates leadership capability and behaviours in line with the Wood leadership framework.
* Demonstrate ability to drive change and influence key stakeholders in a global and matrix organisation environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills to build productive relationships based on a business and commercial understanding.
* The ability to work in a high pressure, rapidly changing environment whilst dealing with ambiguity and diverse options.
* Ability to understand and articulate complex concepts in a clear and simple manner.
* Position may require some out of office hour’s work and regular international travel.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.