6 months ago
Glasgow, United Kingdom
United Kingdom, Bedfont Lakes
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Cisco IT is looking for a dynamic system architect that is eager to drive innovation in one of the most groundbreaking next-generation ERP implementations and be responsible for the following:
• Devise, define and maintain architecture standards, to ensure that application portfolio is aligned with the business strategy
• Engage with business partners and multi-functional teams to understand business requirements and deliver architectural strategy and blueprints for delivery of end to end solutions.
• Provide technical expertise to advise on solutions, including standard products and features to address business issues and opportunities.
• Use knowledge of groundbreaking technologies to optimize solution efficiency, flexibility and scalability
• Develops business process architecture to onboard new offers, RTM and monetization models
• Collaborate with our users to determine business outcomes and drive vision, strategy and solution design for the engineering teams
• Review existing IT systems and internal processes; collect and analyze data to identify areas for improvement within IT infrastructures
• Provide input in each cycle of the development phase (Develop, test, and release) to ensure we produce a leading-edge solution and continually learn and evolve to adapt to changing business landscapes.
• Lead all aspects of the implementation process; run engineering teams, implementation consultants and vendors to stay within deadlines and budget
• Handle various tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the Senior Director of ERP Transformation. You will work closely with partners and IT leaders to craft and deliver a transformative ERP platform deployment to enable our world-class business teams to deliver to our customers. You will influence customers, partners, vendors, and peer IT team members to build trust and drive innovation.
Who You Are
• 10+ years of experience of IT industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or related field
• Extensive experience with Cloud-Native enterprise-grade ERP applications and platforms (e.g. Oracle, SAP) and/or Experience with CPQ (Configure, Price, and Quote) system processes
• Experience of implementing complex Integration architectures
• Architect or Project Lead for multiple workstreams in ERP and/or CPQ project implementation and business transformation initiatives.
• Be conversant on general business and IT terminology to collaborate and translate between both areas and turn business goals into technical requirements via User Stories.
• Awareness of current IT standards, trends, emerging technologies, security & network risks
• Experience managing multiple project priorities, deadlines, and work
• Ability to explain sophisticated, highly-technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
• Demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to rapidly changing business landscapes
• Experience in strategic planning in a tech company, investment banking or strategy collaborating with a focus on technology or hardware business
• Experience with Agile methodologies and creation of User Stories, Features, feature backlog creation, and maintenance aligned to partner priorities.
• Be able to anticipate business needs of specific partners and provide proactive recommendations given the big-picture objective.
• Experience holding partner interviews, identifying issues and gathering facts, during the research and analysis phases
• Familiarity with Salesforce Applications
• Experience interacting with all levels of a professional organization
• Experience in at least one object-oriented programming language and technical solution design
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.